CoScreen's mission is to make digital collaboration as intuitive as in the real world. And therefore, CoScreen has a different approach to screen sharing compared to all other solutions.
Here are the two alternatives how to share application windows using CoScreen no matter if you have one or multiple displays:
- Option 1: Select individual windows to be shared
As soon as you join any CoScreen you will see a window picker that enables you to pick the application window(s) you want to share with other members of the CoScreen you've joined.
Once you're in the CoScreen, you can also share and unshare windows by clicking on the tab above each window in a highly intuitive way.
- Option 2: Share all your windows on your display
Or you click on the screen sharing icon next to your user once you have joined a CoScreen and select "All Windows" in the next dialog. This will share all your currently open windows on this display as well as all windows that you open or drag onto that display while screen sharing is enabled.
That enables you to designate one of your displays as your CoScreen if you have multiple displays and to seamlessly share and unshare them by dragging them on and off that display.
A few more insights for advanced users:
- With CoScreen, multiple users can share windows with each other at the same time. So no matter which alternative you prefer, you can collaborate more seamlessly with your peers than with any other remote collaboration platform.
- CoScreen only shares the windows on the CoScreen display. That means it does neither share your desktop background nor the icons on your desktop.
- Many CoScreen users have multiple displays. The first secondary display is designated by default by CoScreen as the one where it will show shared windows and share windows from, indicated by where the main menu appears. This enables users to share and unshare windows easily by drag and drop between (one of) their private displays and the display designated as CoScreen. Go here if you want to learn how to change the CoScreen display.
- CoScreen will check if you have more than 2 windows open as soon as you activate screen sharing. If you do, it will offer you to minimize them before sharing so you are not sharing anything accidentally. You can customize the number of windows when CoScreen should warn you before sharing in the main settings you can open.