CoScreen's mission is to make digital collaboration as intuitive as in the real world. And therefore, CoScreen has a different approach to screen sharing compared to all other solutions.
Here the steps to share your screen/windows via CoScreen:
- Once you join a CoScreen, you're not sharing anything just yet.
- If you want to share all windows on your display, just click on the CoScreen icon next to the microphone next to your user in the side panel.
(more fine-granular ways for you to decide what to share will follow soon, stay tuned)
A few more insights for advanced users:
- CoScreen only shares the windows on the CoScreen display. That means it does neither share your desktop background nor the icons on your desktop.
- Many CoScreen users have multiple displays. The first secondary display is designated by default by CoScreen as the one where it will show shared windows and share windows from, indicated by where the main menu appears. This enables users to share and unshare windows easily by drag and drop between (one of) their private displays and the display designated as CoScreen. Go here if you want to learn how to change the CoScreen display.
- CoScreen will check if you have more than 2 windows open as soon as you activate screen sharing. If you do, it will offer you to minimize them before sharing so you are not sharing anything accidentally. You can customize the number of windows when CoScreen should warn you before sharing in the main settings you can open.